16.2 C
Ottawa
Thursday, April 3, 2025

Ford CEO says China operations earned $600 million in 2024

Date:

Ford Motor CEO Jim Farley during a reveal of a special-edition Ford Mustang GTD for the Detroit Auto Show on Jan 9, 2024.

Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!

Michael Wayland/ CNBC

DETROIT — Ford Motor‘s operations in China earned roughly $600 million last year despite challenging market conditions, CEO Jim Farley said Thursday night.

“I’m happy to say that Ford makes money in China, and I’m very proud of that, because not many [automakers] can say that,” Farley said following a vehicle reveal for the Detroit Auto Show.

Farley said those earnings included the export of vehicles such as the Lincoln Nautilus, which is exclusively produced in China for other markets such as the U.S.

China has been an increasingly challenging market for automakers, especially western legacy companies such as Ford and General Motors.

Ford does not report earnings by region, but Farley has previously touted the company’s evolving “asset-light” strategy in China.

know more

Popular

More like this
Related

Auto giants surprisingly resilient as sweeping U.S. tariffs spare Canada and Mexico for now

The Stellantis Windsor Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ontario, Canada,...

Trump’s 25% auto tariffs are in effect. What investors need to know

Vehicles seen on the lot of a Ford auto...

Layoff announcements surge to the most since the pandemic as Musk’s DOGE slices federal labor force

Employees of the Department of Health and Human Services...

Arsenal to ‘axe SEVEN’ to fund bid for Joshua Zirkzee?

Arsenal are about to AXE seven players and that should fund a ‘huge’ spending spree. Will it be William Saliba? Not quite… The not-so-magnificent SEVEN ‘Mikel Arteta to offload seven Arsenal players to fund huge summer spending spree – Paper Talk’ was a Sky Sports headline that made Mediawatch sit up in its chair this