16.2 C
Ottawa
Thursday, April 3, 2025

‘I’ve definitely been inspired’: The Weeknd has been in the studio

Date:

The Weeknd is working on new music.

Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!

The ‘Creepin’ singer has been keeping busy in the studio ahead of the second leg of his ‘After Hours til Dawn’ global stadium tour, which will see the star perform across Europe and Latin America from June to October.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, he said: “I’ve definitely been inspired.

“I’ve been in the studio.”

The Grammy winner – whose real name is Abel Tesfaye – just released ‘Nothing Is Lost (You Give Me Strength’), the soundtrack to ‘Avatar: The Way Of Water’, and he spilled that it took several rewrites to “perfect” the song based on feedback from director James Cameron.

He said: “The best part about writing the song was getting notes from James [Cameron] and making sure that all the lyrics and the tones fit the themes of the film.

“I think I rewrote the song maybe six times to make sure it was perfect.”

The ‘Bleeding Lights’ hitmaker admitted he would be “grateful” if the soundtrack gets nominated for an Academy Award.

The Weeknd has previously had huge success with his film work – winning a Grammy and an Oscar nomination for his 2014 tune ‘Earned It’ from the ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ soundtrack.

‘Avatar: The Way of Water’ features the original film score by the late great James Horner and new work by Simon Franglen, who took over the project after the composer’s death in a plane crash in 2015.

know more

Popular

More like this
Related

Auto giants surprisingly resilient as sweeping U.S. tariffs spare Canada and Mexico for now

The Stellantis Windsor Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ontario, Canada,...

Trump’s 25% auto tariffs are in effect. What investors need to know

Vehicles seen on the lot of a Ford auto...

Layoff announcements surge to the most since the pandemic as Musk’s DOGE slices federal labor force

Employees of the Department of Health and Human Services...

Arsenal to ‘axe SEVEN’ to fund bid for Joshua Zirkzee?

Arsenal are about to AXE seven players and that should fund a ‘huge’ spending spree. Will it be William Saliba? Not quite… The not-so-magnificent SEVEN ‘Mikel Arteta to offload seven Arsenal players to fund huge summer spending spree – Paper Talk’ was a Sky Sports headline that made Mediawatch sit up in its chair this