16.2 C
Ottawa
Thursday, April 3, 2025

Noel Gallagher confirms there won’t be Oasis reunion tour next year

Date:

Noel Gallagher has declared there will not be an Oasis reunion tour next year despite a new album on the way from the band.

Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!

Fans’ hopes had been building brothers Noel, 55, and Liam, 50, would reform, but the older Gallagher sibling has squashed talk they will get back together to mark the 30th anniversary of their debut album ‘Definitely Maybe’, released on 29 August 1994.

But promising there would be a special release of the record coming out, which will feature a host of previously lost songs from the recording sessions, he told Italian newspaper Corriere Della Sera: “In the Sony archives we’ve found tapes dating to those sessions.

“We thought they were lost, but they were mislabelled. They are wonderful versions of those songs, some acoustic versions.

“There won’t be a tour – we won’t come back to play them together.”

The new tracks being added to the re-release will include acoustic versions of classics such as ‘Live Forever’, ‘Slide Away’ and ‘Supersonic’.

Noel added about he knew he was onto a hit when he played ‘Live Forever’ to Oasis bandmates Bonehead: “We were nobody. I was in a flat in Manchester on a Tuesday afternoon. I took it to rehearsal and Bonehead said, ‘You didn’t write that.’

“I knew it’d be a classic.”

Noel recently said Liam had only to “get his people to call my people” about getting Oasis back together, with Liam saying: “It’s happening.”

know more

Popular

More like this
Related

Auto giants surprisingly resilient as sweeping U.S. tariffs spare Canada and Mexico for now

The Stellantis Windsor Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ontario, Canada,...

Trump’s 25% auto tariffs are in effect. What investors need to know

Vehicles seen on the lot of a Ford auto...

Layoff announcements surge to the most since the pandemic as Musk’s DOGE slices federal labor force

Employees of the Department of Health and Human Services...

Arsenal to ‘axe SEVEN’ to fund bid for Joshua Zirkzee?

Arsenal are about to AXE seven players and that should fund a ‘huge’ spending spree. Will it be William Saliba? Not quite… The not-so-magnificent SEVEN ‘Mikel Arteta to offload seven Arsenal players to fund huge summer spending spree – Paper Talk’ was a Sky Sports headline that made Mediawatch sit up in its chair this